“It is the supreme art of the teacher to awaken joy in creative expression and knowledge”
Helen Lumgair has extensive global experience, having worked internationally with a wide variety of clients, including heads of state. She holds a BA (Hons) in Early Years Teaching, a Montessori International Diploma and is a Feuerstein Instrumental Enrichment Mediator. More recently, Helen created and authored a narrative based early years curriculum with an emphasis on developing empathy in the lives of young learners for the global NGO Think Equal: https://thinkequal.org/who-we-are/. She has authored a chapter on using the process of narrative to develop empathy in early childhood in the book, ‘Developing Empathy in the Early Years: A Guide for Practitioners’: https://amzn.to/2kslSbv and is currently writing a book on Using Stories to Support Learning and Development in Early Childhood. Helen is an education advisor to the literary resource Tales Toolkit, and is part of the oversight team of the Sure Starts Children’s Centre in Tanzania.
Helen’s passion is to design personalized learning programs for young children in various locations, aiming to meet the needs of each child while tailoring the programs to best utilize the resources and attractions of the local environment.
What we do
The formative years of a child’s life are the most vital in terms of their learning journey. It is during these earliest years of development that a curiosity and desire for knowledge can be encouraged and fostered; when confidence through competence is born.
It is also vital that any developmental difficulties are diagnosed and addressed in order to ensure that each child is enabled to reach their full potential.
We work closely with educational professionals across the globe in order to facilitate a joyful early educational path.
We assist parents in developing the innate potential of their child through:
- Initial consultation with parent/guardian and observation of the child within their home environment;
- Referral where there are areas of concern in terms of developmental milestones;
- One-to-one early learning support sessions with a focus on Montessori-based, sensorial activities, child-led thematic exploration/play and an introduction to literacy and numeracy;
- Training in early child development and play skills with a focus on fine and gross motor skill development, immersion in narrative and mathematical thinking
- Resourcing in order to support holistic early learning;
- Personalized curriculum development/support for home schooling.